A lot of fun facts about this track, right here...so I'll list them:
- I originally used the main part of this song for my old group The Kill World on an unreleased BANGER we had. Figured I'd reflip 12 yrs later (which was like, 6 months ago) for fun, and it came out TOO dope. I was originally going to feature El Gant & DJ Starscream from Slipknot on this but felt like they'd make more sense on another track (or tracks) on my next LP.
- I featured my homie DJ Mark Ski on this. His cuts are awesome as hell, as always. I kinda just wanted to feature him on a track, so that's why he's on it. Dude is dope and a good friend, so I'm glad I made that decision. #fivese7enmusic
- This is the title track, but originally the EP was going to be called "Same Old Jimmy" till I realized in my sleep one night (a week ago when I decided to put this EP out) that, that title wasn't good for an EP; it felt corny, 'been done' and unmemorable. <--- well, thats what I gathered in my sleep.. I wasnt able to make that decision / see it from an outside perspective while awake.
- When I decided to put this EP together / release (a week ago, like I've said), I was like, "I need some dope artwork for this one." So, I jumped on my homie D.Catalano's instagram to look at photos he's posted recently and this was one of them. Go to instagram.com/CodyCvlp
to see his incredible work (and please listen to his music, too, I promise you'll be impressed).
- Last fun fact: these are all songs that didn't make it on to my next LP "We Can Be Kings" which drops next yr, but they were too good to scrap. I have 11 songs that didnt make the cut for the next LP; these 8 were the cream of the crop of those 11 (well, there was a 9th song but I had a sample issue so the owner of the sample and I decided that it's best that the song isn't on here...it'll all make sense in the future, though ).